This information will be publicly shown in your user page.
Due to the nature of our project, we ask these questions to evaluate the ideological consistency of those who wish to join our editorship.
ProleWiki is a Marxist-Leninist encyclopedia. As such, we expect our prospective editors to have a good grasp on Marxist theory, and agree with
our Principles. Criticism of our principles is accepted, as long as you present them in your account request. Defend your arguments as best as you can, they will be considered to evaluate your entry.
After we receive your account request, it will be submitted to the editorship to discuss and vote on. Please allow a few days for our response.
Be detailed and elaborate as you can be in answering the questions. The more expansive an answer is the better the deliberation process regarding your application will be. A wrong answer doesn't necessarily mean rejection, do your best and don't stress
FIRST SET (please answer all 8 questions):
1. Where did you find ProleWiki from? How familiar are you with it? Comment what made you want to join ProleWiki and what areas you are interested in contributing to.
2. What current of Marxist thought do you uphold? Describe as thoroughly as needed your path towards your current political perspective.
3. Have you read
our principles? Comment your agreements or objections to their points.
4. What is your understanding of gender? Should Marxists support the LGBT community?
5. What is your position on Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong? How would you describe their historical role? Share any comments or critiques you have regarding them.
6. What are your thoughts on China, Vietnam, Cuba, DPRK and Laos? Do you believe any of these countries is socialist? Why or why not?
7. What is settler-colonialism, are there any countries that still fit that description and what should be done regarding them? Further, what is to be done about the decolonization and liberation of indigenous peoples, ethnic minorities, and immigrant groups in your country?
8. What is your analysis of the situation in Palestine? What do you think of the 2023 October 7 events and the groups involved from both sides of the conflict?
SECOND SET (choose 5 questions to answer):
1. In your own words, how would you describe dialectical materialism?
2. What are your thoughts on national liberation or the concept of land back (either one)?
3. Have you read anything on Marxist feminism? What are your perspectives on it?
4. Do you think abolishing the nuclear family should be a goal of the communist movement? If so, how would it be abolished?
5. What do you think is the most pressing issue for communists in your country? What is your opinion of communist parties there?
6. What do you believe is the main difference between Marxism and other anti-capitalist movements?
7. What is Imperialism and how do institutions and programs like the IMF, Belt and Road Initiative, and the World Bank relate to it?
8. Have you read works from Marxists, pertaining but not limited to those from historical or existing socialist states? Please note some that stood out to you and what contributions to Marxist thought that they added and why you liked them.
OPTIONAL QUESTIONS (not necessary, but it could give you an advantage):
1. Do you have any comments or feedback about this application process? We will use it to improve the process.
2. Do you have familiarity or skill with any programming languages or MediaWiki?
Answers (plain text only):