Welcome to ProleWiki!
We are ProleWiki, a communist (Marxist-Leninist) project founded in September 2020. Our aim is to build an anti-imperialist and proletarian collaborative encyclopedia, with information on current events, communist parties worldwide, countries, and more. We also host a library of texts important to the international proletarian movement, from Marx and Engels to Lenin and Stalin. Since our beginning in 2020, we currently have 1,922 articles and counting.
- Total number of articles: 1,922
- Number of uploaded files: 1,271
- Number of comrades: 79
- Number of edits: 24,873
The USSR was established in 1922 as a union of four Soviet socialist republics formed after the October Revolution of 1917, the Russian SFSR, the Transcaucasian SFSR, the Ukrainian SSR and the Byelorussian SSR. From 1956 to 1991, the union had 15 member nations in total.
The Soviet Union developed under conditions of extreme pressure provoked by capitalist powers, from the Russian Civil War, the Nazi invasion, and espionage from the West. Besides the difficulties that it faced, the USSR managed to provide a positive political role for the working people, especially in a time when workers in the capitalist world were still struggling for basic union rights.
Here's how you can help:
- Create an account and participate in our community. Visit the recent changes to see what other comrades have been doing.
- Edit already existing articles. Or you can create new articles, too.
- Check out current needed pages and create some of them.
- Add Marxist works to our library.
- Share your creative works on our essays.
- If you appreciate our work, you can donate to us!
Top contributors from past week
Last 7 days (Top 10)
- 2 August 2022
- 24 February 2022
- 3 February 2022
We have adopted a new main page style, adapted to both mobile and desktop users
- 8 June 2021.
We have added a Featured article section in the main page.
- 25 November 2020.
We now have a notification feature which should make communication inside our wiki much easier.