This article is a stub. You can help improve this article by editing it.
Popular Unity for Socialism
Unidade Popular pelo Socialismo
|Founded||June 16, 2016|
|Registered||December, 10 2019|
|Political position||Revolutionary socialism|
|Part of a series on|
Party Program (roughly translated)
- Social control of all monopolies and capitalist consortia and of the means of production in the strategic sectors of the economy; economic planning to meet the needs of the population and eliminate regional and social inequalities.
- Nationalization of the banking system and popular control of the financial system.
- End of imperialist plunder of the national economy; stagnation of the bleeding of our resources abroad, putting an end to remittances of profits, dividends, payment of royalties and payments of the external debt; annulment of the State's agreements and debts with foreign capitalists, which were contracted against the sovereignty and interests of the workers; guarantee of Brazil's total economic independence from imperialist countries, in particular US imperialism; transfer of foreign trade to state bodies.
- Re-nationalization of privatized state-owned companies; end of oil auctions; review of concessions for Brazilian ports, airports and roads handed over to private companies.
- Compulsory employment and work guarantee for all adult persons able to work; prohibition of exploitation of child labor;
- Popular agrarian reform; nationalization of land and end of private land monopoly.
- Annulment of extortionate taxes levied on the people; tax on large fortunes and progressive. Those who earn more pay more.
- Nationalization of all means of public transport.
- Public and free education for all and at all levels; end of profit in education. Guarantee of free access of the people to the university and/or professional technical courses; end of the entrance exam, vestibulinho or any selection
- Democratization of the media, with the socialization of all major television channels, newspapers and radio stations; guaranteed access to the means of communication to all citizens;
- Broad freedom of expression and organization for workers and the people; end of capitalist donations to electoral campaigns;
- Justice: judges and courts elected by the people;
- End discrimination against women; equal rights; an end to racism and discrimination against blacks; firm fight against the sexual exploitation of women and children; for the decriminalization and legalization of abortion; fight against all LGBT-phobic manifestations; firm punishment of offenders.
- End of any religious, racial or gender discrimination; full guarantee of religious freedom;
- Defense and protection of the environment and nature; prohibition of forest destruction; establishment of popular control over the Amazon and expulsion of all foreign monopolies from the region;
- Demarcation and immediate possession of all indigenous lands; guarantee of differentiated schools for indigenous people and encouragement and support for indigenous languages; defense of the culture and rights of indigenous peoples;
- Guarantee of free and public health for all; end of exploitation of private health plans;
- Defense and encouragement of national and popular culture; nationalization of all music recording companies and film production companies;
- Working hours: reduction to six hours for all workers and general increase in wages;
- Establishment of law guaranteeing rest on festive days, Sundays and holidays for workers, except for essential sectors;
- Guarantee of dignified housing, sanitation and garbage collection for all Brazilian families; allocate abandoned properties to solve the housing deficit; carrying out a profound urban reform;
- Trial, imprisonment, and confiscation of the property of all the corrupt;
- Support for the struggle of all peoples and countries for liberation from capitalist domination and imperialist dispossession; defense of sovereignty, independence and self-determination of peoples.
- For the end of the military police; end any repression of social movements;
- Exemplary punishment for the dictatorship's torturers and murderers, immediate revision of the Amnesty Law; all support to the struggle for Memory, Truth and Justice.
- Portuguese: Unidade Popular pelo Socialismo (UP)